Financial / Rates
Medicare will cover skilled care only if all of the following are true:
- You have Medicare Part A* (Hospital Insurance) and have days left in your benefit period.
- You have a qualifying hospital stay. This means an inpatient hospital stay of 3 consecutive days or more. You must enter the SNF within a short period of time of leaving the hospital.
- Your doctor has ordered the services you need for skilled nursing or rehabilitation care, which require the skills of professional personnel such as registered nurses, licensed practical nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech-language pathologists, etc.
- You require the skilled care on a daily basis and the services must be ones that can only be provided in a skilled environment on an inpatient basis.
- You need these skilled services for a medical condition that:
– was treated during a qualifying 3-day hospital stay, or
– started while you were getting SNF care for a medical condition that was treated during a qualifying 3-day hospital stay.
Daily rate for skilled nursing care include room and board:
- Restaurant style dining served in our rehabilitative dining area or main dining area
- Special diets upon physician order
- Daily assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs), i.e., dressing, bathing, ambulation, personal hygiene and needs
- Daily housekeeping service
- Administration of medications as prescribed by either attending/alternate physician
- 24-hour supervision by licensed nursing personnel (R.N. or L.P.N.) and Certified Nursing Assistants
- Life enrichment activities
- Recreational and occupational programs
- Drug regimen review
- Social services consultation
- Discharge planning and referral service
- Rooms furnished in accordance with state and federal regulatory agencies